Story: Sharat Chandra Chatterjee
Lyrics: Athreya, Kosaraju, Tapi Dharma Rao, Sri Sri
Music: Master Venu
Play-back: Ghantasala, Madhavapeddi Satyam, G. Krishnaveni, P. Susheela
Cinematography: PN Selvaraj
Editing: Adurthi Subba Rao
Art: S. Krishna Rao
Choreography: AK Chopra
Producer: D. Madhusudana Rao
Director: Adurthi Subba Rao
Banner: Annapurna Pictures
Release Date: 11 January
Trivia: This was based on Sharat Chandra Chatterjee's novel 'Nishkruthi'.
This was made in Tamil as 'Enga Veettu Mahalakshmi' simultaneously with Telugu version.
It received Presidents's appreciation certificate.
Synopsis: Kutumba Rao (SV Ranga Rao) and his wife Kamala (Kannamba) played the role of the eldest members of the family. Satyam (ANR) and his wife, Suseela (Savitri), imposes strict rules on the family and takes care of the well being of everybody in it. Ramanayya's wife, Anasuya (Suryakantham) grows jealous of Suseela. Her distant relative Vaikuntam (Jaggaiah) starts spreading his evil influence over the family. Satyam fights for the family and brings about the evil-doings of Vaikuntam to the notice of Kutumba Rao. The family reunites to live together at the end.
1. Aadutu paadutu panichestunte (Kosaraju)
2. Bhale maavayya nenu raanu povayya (Sri Sri)
3. Ententa dooram kosedu dooram (Athreya)
4. Gaalipatam gaalipatam (Kosaraju)
5. Kaarulo shikaarukella paala buggala (Athreya)
6. Kalakaalam ee kalata (Tapi Dharma Rao)
7. Naluguru kalisi porupulu marichi (Sri Sri)
8. Nee shoku choodakundaa (Kosaraju)
9. Townu pakka kellodduraa (Kosaraju)